Tuesday, July 7, 2009

back again...this time with purpose. and pictures.

This post finds me sitting outside on my deck, its a gorgeous if not a bit chilly july evening. After a wonderful holiday weekend, I have returned after several unsuccessful attempts at this whole 'blogging' thing. Maybe it is out of boredom, and it very well may have something to do with me being to cheap right now to buy cable television, but something said 'hey, get back on your blog!'. 

So here I am, and instead of writing about random crap that no one really cares about, I have made a decision. The only post on here so far that I actually enjoyed writing was the one about the epic battle of baking potatoes versus micro-plane versus my poor fingers.  I am going to simply write about my adventures cooking stuff, elegantly put if I do say so myself. 

I find myself constantly on random food blogs (just on my lunch break I swear), ones not by famous chefs, or ones that are heavily sponsored, just the ones by regular people who like to cook and share what worked and what didn't, and best of all pretty pictures of what they cooked. This web surfing over the past few months has inspired me to cook much more than fruitlessly searching for recipes on foodnetwork.com. Also it has inspired me to cook things other than my usual go-to's, expanding my horizons, if you will.

Now, I cant guarantee that this is going to be frequent, but I think I am going to give it a shot anyway. This will be a way for me to document what I feel are accomplishments, and easily share recipes and methods with friends and family, and anyone else who stops by.

I am by no means a great cook, but cooking is by far one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday, I love to eat, and I enjoy sharing what I have made with others. So here we go. 

UPDATE:
My one reader informed me that I advertised 'purpose and pictures' yet I had failed to deliver on the pictures part. A post about my cooking escapades will be up shortly, but in the meantime, enjoy these pictures of the newest addition to the Helgerson/Paarlberg household, Wrigley the Cat. 



No comments:

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails